Search this blog


Home About Contact

Search The Web

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Petrol vs Soda

The current petrol price is at RM1.90 per litre.It is displayed clearly at the station.And I do see it each time I fueled my car. And all this while I've been complaining about it.

However, yesterday as I went to the ATM to withdraw some cash before going to the counter, I picked my favourite soda drink - actually any iced soda drink can be voted as my favourite. I just can't let this addiction go. I paid the amount and walked to the car. As I was walking I noticed the price of this drink - RM 2.10 for a 500ml bottle. It's more than double the price of the petrol!

Let's face it. Petrol for the car becomes a basic need now, I have to pay for it whether I like it or not. Its the means of transportation for me and also it enables me to go to work and make a living.And yet I've been complaining.

On the other hand, I've been spending willingly and unconsciously at the same time for the sodas.And I've been very happy about it.What good does it do? Increase my chances of suffering from diabetes later.Weaken my set of teeth and strengthen the wallet of my dentist. Hmmm... looks like there are no benefits at all on my side.

Something is seriously wrong here. The priorities programmed in my brains is not right at all! All this while I was prepared to fork out money for my wants more than I'm willing to pay for my needs. After this, I should put in some additional effort to control my tastebuds. At the same time save some extra money.

What other things that can fall into this category? Do you have any experience to share? Please share your experience in the comments section.

No comments: