Search this blog


Home About Contact

Search The Web

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How Much is Enough?

When I was just working as a part-time clerk in the bank, my basic salary plus allowance and overtime roughly brought in RM1500. I did not know the value of it then, but figured that it must have been quite low since it was only a clerk's salary.

All the money earned was either spent (not all of it) or saved in a normal savings account. It actually brought a smile on my face each time I checked the balance because it kept growing from month to month. In short, I had more than enough.

My expenses were kept to a bare minimum because I still lived with my parents, commuted using public transport and meals were at the local stalls that served reasonably good food at a low price. Oh, and before I forget, I was still not married then!

Now, after almost a decade later, earning more than double the 1st salary, I'm still trying to figure out where my money goes at the end of every month. Currently married (dear wifey is also working), living in my own house, own 2 cars and have applied my knowledge of diversification to some extent in my investments. A big portion of the salary is used to pay off our fixed overhead expenses.

However, our day-to-day living is a real example of frugal living. Definitely no extras to spend like those days! At such, can you say that earning more would be enough? What is your take on this matter?

I’m tagging the Digerati Life, and thetaoofmakingmoney. If I didn’t tag you and you want to answer, tell me in the comments or post it on your own blog and post the link in the comments.

No comments: